The Niagara Steam Fire Engine firehouse, Poughkeepsie, NY. The engine company that became Niagara was organized in 1810 but did not start going by that name until 1847. There is a decorated facade erected on the roof welcoming home the 156th Regiment NYSV. The names of Grant, Sherman, and Sheridan are included on the facade. There is an incredible painted sign on the front wall of the firehouse with the company name, a flag, “Spirit of ’76,” etc. The firemen and civilians are posed outside with a shiny, steam fire engine.